Monday, March 25, 2013

Dreary Weekends and Progress!

I don't know what it is about nasty, overcast days, but I do some of my best writing on days like that.  Saturday was just kind of okay outside.  Warm enough for my husband and I do go out and finish cutting the pieces for a dresser refinishing project I've wrangled him into, but still too cold to go out on his bike.  Really a bummer, I love riding with him, but I think that's another blog post for another time.

Saturday night, I just broke the 5k word count mark on the piece I'm tentatively calling "Justina."  It's taken me far too long to get to that point, but breaking that barrier has really given me a burst of energy to finish it!  Although, I do want to find a better title to put it under, because Justina sounds far too much like Marquis du Sade's "Justine," and it's so, so not the same book!

  Anyway, Sunday had been straight nastiness.  Rain, snow, cold...one of those days where curling up with a good book and a cup of tea would complete your day.  I'm so pleased that I was able to get something accomplished, still!

Today has been a bit of a waste, unfortunately.  It's hard to get work done with little eyes hanging around, thanks to a snow day!  Oh well.  I had grand hopes of writing over coffee, but on the bright side, all the cleaning for the week is done today, so I don't have to do that the rest of the week.  Next week is spring break, and I'm seriously hoping the weather will cooperate some so the kids can get out of the house a bit.  If they're in the yard, they're not trying to eyeball my computer screen!  ("What are you writing, Mom?"-- Yeah...don't ask, please!)

 I've also gained a new found love for Spotify.  I have a playlist of inspiring music for while I'm writing, and set it to random.  So far this weekend the songs that I have always pictured at certain parts of my story have started to play, right when I'm there.  It's like musical fate!  I cannot express just how giddy that makes me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment