Saturday, March 9, 2013

A Toast to New Beginnings

I should give many thanks to my friend April London for giving me a kick in the rear I needed to do this.  I'm watching her go through the steps to get her first book published, sticking herself out there.  To be honest, it's a bravery I didn't think I possessed, until now.

I am my only roadblock.  I have a husband who, for the moment, thinks this sounds like a grand idea.  It is a grand idea, and I agree.  However, it's a damn scary grand idea, as well!  This means not only sacrificing hours of sleep, but also placing my hard work in someone else's hands and hoping that they love it just as much as I do.  However, I have to put that all behind me.  Fear gets me nothing but a hard drive full of plot bunnies, snippets, and quotes that would look fantastic in print, but will never see the light of day.  I am better than that. 

So on that note, here we go.  I'm putting myself out there, no matter what. 

So here's to new beginnings.  Let's see where this little road takes us.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the blog!!! It is lots of fun, and your site is looking great!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's in the early stages, but I'm so excited to get things kicked off!

      Delete