Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Feeling a little Austen-tacious

Corny title?  Maybe.  But even still, it fits.

I can't believe it has taken me so long to get around to reading anything by Jane Austen.  Seriously, that should be a crime against humanity, or at the very least put my reputation as an English major in jeopardy.  The fact that I waited until I had an assigned reading of "Sense and Sensibility" actually makes me sad.  I should have gotten to this point a lot sooner, and if you haven't read it yet...GO. 

I'll admit that I watched the Ang Lee movie first.  I'm a bit of a fangirl over Alan Rickman, so of course, I absolutely adore Col. Brandon, and would like to beat Kate Winslet's Marianne soundly around the head and shoulder area.  Poor chap, strung along the entire time while watching her getting all moony-eyed over a total cad.  I adore the movie, it has a permanent location on my DVR, and a DVD in our library.  Even still the movie doesn't even come close to describing ever little detail of the book! 

So now I demand that everyone runs out to either see the movie, or read the book, but both would be best!  I love coming across a gem that I have overlooked before.

No comments:

Post a Comment